Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It sounds rough!

For this week, my comments seem deceptively simple. If it sounds rough, or you feel uninterested in your playing, chances are, your voicing falls short. As in yes, do try to voicelead EVERYTHING. Like magic, it will sound so much better.


I realized much later that growing up, I was really going to lessons every week for one main reason, to hear and be inspired by my Russian teacher who would literally sing me every line (voiceleading) in the piece. Later as an adult, many a time, lessons were not nearly so interesting. I realized also this was why most people from many of the world's most prestigious conservatories didn't sound so interesting. A typical conservatory lesson, though also important..."ahhh, it says, blah, blah, blah in the score. You missed it :0) "

No comments:

Post a Comment